Friday, October 5, 2012

SIMPLY BRIDAL: Friday Fancies Monotone

For today's link-up with AV at Long Distance Loving, the theme is a Monotone outfit. I instantly knew I wanted my color to be a shade of pink, & I absolutely love this light rose pink shade. I think it is so soft & gorgeous. Also, I wanted to choose pink since this weekend Simply Savannah will have a booth at the Brides Against Breast Cancer bridal show in Savannah, Georgia! When I heard about this event I knew I wanted to get involved because it is something that has really affected me in my life. My mom, Sandy, lost her life to breast cancer at the age of 35 less than 6 months after I was born. It has been such a difficult thing to grow up not knowing my mom or anything about her. To wonder if I am anything like her or even if she would be proud of the person I have become today. It makes my heart hurt a little when I see brides so close with their moms on their wedding days & knowing I will never get that. So as you can see this is such a close-to-home cause that I want to be involved in & I really thought this would be such a great and fun way to contribute in a really meaningful way... So I hope all of you in Savannah will make it out to the Brides Against Breast Cancer event this weekend to see me! I will only be there a few hours Saturday since we have a wedding, but will be there all day on Sunday with some home baked cupcakes!! 

Friday Fancies #2: Monotone
In Loving Memory of Sandra E Schwalge
March 3rd, 1955-May 11th, 1990


{Shopping Guide} Zac Posen Sweetheart Mermaid Dress via ShopBop // Rose Chevron Drops via BaubleBar // Elie Saab 'Le Parfum' de Parfum No. 3 via Nordstrom // Tory Burch Envelope Clutch via Saks Fifth Avenue // Rose Pyramid Bangle via BaubleBar // B Brian Atwood Loreto Crystal Sandals via ShopBop

15 comments:

  1. So sad to hear the story about your mom. I know you're not alone. Breast cancer effects so many! Love this shade of pink! That dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, could this be anymore gorgeous? Love it. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but good for you for getting involved!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post must have been so hard for your to write, but I'm sure your mom is SOOO proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your mom- but I'm sure she would have been proud of you! This look is gorgeous- that dress, earrings, and clutch! Good luck this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I die for that clutch! Die! Love the peach shade too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your mother's story, I'm sure she is so incredibly proud of your lovely accomplishments and your willingness to be involved in the cause and spread the knowledge. I love this collection of soft rose pinks, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this is such a gorgeous look!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... that dress is simply amazing!!!!! Love all the other items too... this look definitely has a romantic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I linked to you from Friday's Fancies. So sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure she would be proud of you. If I lived near Savannah I'd stop by the event! Have a nice weekend. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a spectacular outfit, the dress and jewelry are so beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's battle with breast cancer but am so happy that you shared a little about her with us. Loving your new website/blog! Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh this is so pretty! I love the dress and the clutch especially!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Congrats on taking over - that's super cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! I love this look! Very classic and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous! I love the blush color. And very appropriate for this month- I'm so sorry about your mom. I'm gearing up to crew the DC 3Day this weekend, so will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...