Thursday, February 7, 2013

SIMPLY ENGAGED: Amanda + AJ

So are you ready to see the most precious thing ever!?!?!?! Amanda + AJ's proposal was captured on camera and is so adorable!! She sent me the link to their wedding website the other day and I was gushing over how cute these were + instantly had to ask if it was okay if I share them!! They are such a sweet and nice couple and talking to them on the phone the other night I just can't help but be so happy for them. They are fun and cheerful and make me laugh a lot... Also, I am so excited for Amanda + AJ's wedding because it's at none other than the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, which is by far one of the cutest chapels in Savannah. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the chapel... it was actually built for the movie, The Last Song, featuring none other than Miley Cyrus. I have to say the only thing I can remember about that movie, besides the fact that it was dumb, was that at one point some sea turtles appear and all of a sudden me and my friends are all crying like babies. But enough about that... their wedding is this coming October and Amanda is going for a soft romantic look with lots of candlelight, I just know it's going to be absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for letting us be a part of your big day!! 


Engaged: 
Sunday August 26th, 2012

How + Where They Met:
AJ & I met through our mutual friends, whom we lovingly refer to as "the Page sisters," out on the town one night in the Fall of 2009. We actually attended the same high school (different graduating years); however, didn't know each other back then.

The Proposal:
On August 26th, AJ planned a "photography lesson" with his friend and professional photographer, Joe Roberts, at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. Photography is a hobby of mine, so I was very excited to be getting a lesson from a pro. As we all arrived, security for the Republican National Convention (RNC) would not allow anyone in or around the park. AJ let a security guard in on the secret and was able to pass through with Joe and I in tow discussing photography. Unknown to me, AJ was walking to a specific brick paver with the lettering "Will You Marry Me?" inscribed on it. As he got to the brick, he pointed it out, got down on one knee and said, "Amanda, I love you to death, will you marry me?" And I replied "Are you serious?! OMG! YES!"

Why Tybee Island?
We are getting married at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, and could not be more thrilled about our venue choice! Tybee is beautiful, fun, and eclectic - just our speed! The chapel has a vintage and romantic feel; exactly what we want for our wedding day. 

Wedding Date:
October 11th, 2013

What are you looking forward to most on your wedding day?
We are looking forward to committing ourselves to one another forever, before God and our family and friends. We feel blessed to have found each other in this crazy world!

Anything Else?
The first day of the rest of our lives together can't come soon enough! And we feel fortunate to have such a wonderful wedding planner to make it easier to plan this wedding from afar :) 


1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I was just thrilled to see the pictures of AJ's proposal to you. You will be in a wonderful and bonding family, a family of love with Christ at the center. I wish you and AJ the very best as you go down the path of life together. It is funny but true how our struggles and challenges bond us closer together in marriage as well as getting along with others in life. I suppose it is because we choose to leave childish things such as greed, impatience, seeking to have our own way, pouting, being unforgiving, rude or arrogant, being irritable or resentful, or rejoicing at wrongdoing, etc all behind us and seek the character of love which is an obedience to God. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13) "Love is ethics. Love is action. Love is obedience to God". *Sermon by Rev. Mark Graham, February 3, 2013. Scripture quotes from 1 Corinthians 13.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...