Monday, December 10, 2012

SIMPLY ENGAGED: Kristen & Mike {Part 2}

I know I already shared this couple a few weeks ago (you can check it out here)... but I just had to share their engagement session by Tessa Marie! The images are absolutely gorgeous and you can tell how in love this couple is! I also wanted to share this since now I have officially met this bride! This couple, like the majority of our bride and grooms, are having a destination wedding in Savannah so even though we exchange hundreds of e-mails we have never met in person. This last weekend Kristen, her sister and mom came into town for some meetings with Tier and Vic's on the River (their reception location). It was so fun getting to meet and finalize some details for their big day. I can't wait to see all the little details come together for their big day and I know that Tessa Marie will capture it beautifully! 

I think it is such a cute idea to have engagement photos done for a few reasons:

1. Capture memories now. I believe in capturing moments because well let's be real... we aren't getting any younger. :) And the moment only happens once, so they are the best way to capture a memory. My boyfriend and I are completely different. Whenever I ask him to take a picture with me he goes we'll do it later or we'll take one later. I always have to remind him that we need to live in the moment because this moment is not happening again.

2. Save the Dates! I love when couples use their engagement photos on their Save the Dates! Super adorable and also something people are more likely to hold on to rather than throw away.

3. Home decor! I know a lot of couples already live together before the wedding, but still it is a great way to get some really good pictures for your home together. Plus, it's the beginning of a good tradition of getting family pictures done every year or maybe just every other.

4. Wedding decor! What better way to add personalization to your wedding than frame some of the pictures of you guys and use them at the wedding? We have had several weddings that will use the photos and put a picture at each table or maybe a few at the guestbook table. I think it is super cute and guests will enjoy walking around looking at all the pictures.

5. Get to know your photographer better before your big day. A lot of photographers will offer a free engagement or a discounted engagement when you book them for their wedding. This is a good way to meet your photographer before the big day and get comfortable with them. Some people don't really like getting their pictures done but having done it before the big day can help calm those wedding day jitters.

Thanks again for sharing Kristen & Mike! And for all you in need of a wedding day photographer, I highly suggest you check out Tessa Marie! Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...